cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Some dims not displaying correctly

rmckibben
1-Newbie

Some dims not displaying correctly

Hi All,

This started happening yesterday in Creo 2.0. See the attached images for reference. The problem is that the dimensions on the first feature of this model are showing up as 0 decimal places. The dim showing as 3 is actually 2.5 and the 1 is actually .875. But, as you can see, the subsequent features are behaving as they should, with 3 decimal places. I've got def_dec_places set to 3. I know that sometimes it's a memory issue, so I restarted Creo, no help. Any ideas on what's causing this?

TIA

dim1.JPGdim2.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Select the offending dimension and RMB on the dimension and go to Properties. 

In the Dimension Properties dialog box, there is also a 'Decimal Places' setting that will effectively override the config setting. 

I've seen this happen in older models where the tolerance was set to 'Limits' so I changed to Nominal but also was able to update the Decimal Places as well. 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Select the offending dimension and RMB on the dimension and go to Properties. 

In the Dimension Properties dialog box, there is also a 'Decimal Places' setting that will effectively override the config setting. 

I've seen this happen in older models where the tolerance was set to 'Limits' so I changed to Nominal but also was able to update the Decimal Places as well. 

Yes, that works. Just wondering how those dimensions would get corrupted like that.

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:rmckibben)

And UNCHECK the rounded dimension value, if it's checked.

Sometime back, PTC added the round dimension value and made the default action to round the value. It causes havoc on older models.

See config options:

round_displayed_dim_values

round_prewf5_displayed_dim_val

Right. That wasn't checked, though.

Top Tags