cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Some easy questions about working with Creo

David_M
5-Regular Member

Some easy questions about working with Creo

Having had a break from Creo since Wildfire 2, I'm struggling with a few basics. I thought I'd add these as I think of them. Maybe someone can help?

1) How can I change the zoom/pan/rotate keys? I'd like to move the mouse up to zoom in, not down, and I'd like to use shift to zoom, not ctrl. And I'd like it to zoom much faster (I don't use the mouse wheel).

2) How can I make it start up in Shaded With Wireframe?

3) How can I make the Sketch References box to pop up on its own?

4) I'd like to set-up some map keys, but don't get how to say "spacebar should re-orient view" for example, when Creo says "spaces aren't allowed"

5) If I want to select two fiddly things (with Alt + right click) Creo won't let me, as holding Ctrl makes it forget that I'm holding Alt. How are you meant to do this?

6) Can I tell Creo to always add to my selection, without the need for Ctrl?

7) Is it possible to have separate bodies in a part? For example, I may draw two adjacent cubes (so it looks like a 3D rectangle) but I may want to chamfer the adjoining edges. Creo merges all Solid geometry right away when I add it.

😎 Following on from 7, how can I split and combine bodies?

9) How can I tell the Spin Centre to move to the centre of the model (ie. the centre of mass)?

10) How can I make it select faces, edges etc rather than features when I click on the model? I'd like it so that pressing Alt works the other way round.

Thanks. Help will be very much appreciated.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

just go back to using the previous package

you wont have to change anything

David_M
5-Regular Member
(To:David_M)

Solved (2) via Config.pro by setting 'display' to shadedwithedges*

Solved (3) via Config.pro by setting 'sketcher_auto_create_refs' to 0

David

As to #7 & #8, you are thinking in terms of OPS (Other People's Software). You cannot have "separate bodies", identified as such, within a part, etc. etc., and to those of us experienced in using Pro/Creo, that sort of functionality is unneccesary. You could, in fact, do what you suggested with the chamfering example by creating two separate adjacent protrusions, and surpressing one while you chamfered the other, but that seems like an odd task indeed. If you can think of some way in which "separate bodies" could really allow you to do something you can't do with the software, let us know; I'm sure there is a simple alternative way to do the same thing. Also, although you can't split parts into separate bodies, you certainly can save 2 copies of a part and "cut off half of one and the other half of the other". Suggestion: learn "how Creo thinks", don't try to force it into some different way of working. It's as fully capable software as you will ever use, once you are familiar with it.

David

Top Tags