cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Speeding up a pattern?

ptc-2031591
1-Newbie

Speeding up a pattern?

Hello, I'm going out on a limb here but here goes! Using Pro/E Wildfire 3 - I wish to pattern a Group of 5 extrusions all based from a reference sketch - The first pattern is a 180 rotate around an axis of 1 instance - this is required to create a copy of the pocket facing the other direction - Next these two pockets (now grouped) are patterned 160 times across a flat featureless plate using a direction pattern in 2 axes, 24 instances in one axis and 7 in the other. The problem I am having is this: - Approx 3000 features require generation and this takes upwards of 15minutes on my system, this isnt going to work for me! Is there any way I can simplify the pocket so patterning is faster? I'm getting desperate! I'd be happy to upload the part if only I had (or knew of) a server I could upload it to! Other notes: - I cannot reference pattern - option is greyed and I dont know why? - I cannot control pattern options to change pattern type (general etc), the option is greyed out. - I have tried copying and solidying then patterning but the regeneration fails, error 'Failed regeneration' Any tips would be greatly appreciated!
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

I would suggest looking at a UDF that creates all of the features for one pocket and then pattern the UDF feature. Secondly group patterns take the longest on regen than other types of patterns. Thirdly you force a read only on the features if you no longer need to modify them. Without seeing the model image, I could not suggest anything else at this time. Good luck Eric

HI... when I get something like this, I usually, make a copy of the surface/geometry to pattern, and them pattern the surface-copy. Like this the pattern regeneration time will be significantly reduced, in the end just make a solidify to the first copy and ref-pattern it... hope this helps.. Cheers... Olavo
Top Tags