cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Square Sheetmetal Bend Symbol

mwimberly
6-Contributor

Square Sheetmetal Bend Symbol

I have a drawing that has a square as the bend symbol instead of an angle symbol, what does this represent?

Michael Wimberly

9 REPLIES 9
jesriedl
4-Participant
(To:mwimberly)

I have the same problem. In my drawing my dimension has a square instead of diameter symbol and my GTol has 2 squares instead of diameter and MMC symbol. These both look perfect in the part. Using Creo 4 M020

help.jpg

It looks like the font on the drawing doesn't have those symbols. It's not clear why this should be the case.

jesriedl
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

It's strange because all my other dimensions are fine. The only difference on this one was I followed PTC's video on how to add the C datum feature symbol to the datum reference frame.

Can you share data? Or submit a case with PTC Tech Support.  

Can you share data? Or submit a case with PTC Tech Support.  

Set detail/drawing option symbol_font to asme or iso

I have the same issue. Last week on Creo 3 the angle and direction arrow was there. This week on Creo 4 I create a new sheetmetal part and I get 2 squares where the angle symbol and the direction arrow are supposed to be.

I have attached 2 pdf files that show the differences.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:hspaulding)

Missing a font file or a setting to get the symbol font.

I got an answer back from PTC Help. Below is the response that I got and it seems to work.

This issue has been reported to R&D as SPR 7267986, however you can try the following work around.

• Open the .prt the drawing is referencing to,
  • Select >>File >>Prepare >>Model Properties >>Detail Option 

Change option from “Symbol_font ASME” to “Symbol_font Legacy “ 

Top Tags