cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Standalone drw model

TracyWillis
5-Regular Member

Standalone drw model

Hello All,
Apologies in advance for this post. It's probably a really simple task... I'm just having trouble remembering how to do this.
I have a drawing of a family table part.
Want to make a copy of that drawing (as a new number) But I need to change the family table part into a standalone model (also with a new number).
Luckily, I have the option of working off-line outside of PDM-link for the renaming and cleaning up the files.
Can someone tell me what I'm overlooking?

Thanks
Tw

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
TracyWillis
5-Regular Member
(To:TracyWillis)

Thank you to Mike Foster !
- The steps are listed below:

Do a save-as of the drawing with the complete family to your new numbers (the generic and instances you don't want can be some temporary numbers)
Open the drawing and delete all models in the drawing except the family instance you want to keep
Open the instance to keep
Open the generic and in there open the family table and delete the instance you want to keep (no need to save - just close the generic)
Go to the instance's window and save
Go to the drawing's window and save

Tw
Top Tags