cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Subtracting one body part from another body part

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst

Subtracting one body part from another body part

Hi,

I am looking for help how to subtract a body part from another body part.

In SW it is called  Cavity.

Can anyone explain to me how to do it?

Thanks

Arek

susbtract - cavity.png

Creo 3 user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:ArekTRI)

Neither. The procedure I described above is in the part mode. Creo doesn't have multibody parts.

You can "merge/inherit" a part into another part, during that process you can specify if the merge part adds material or removes material.

There is a similar feature in assembly mode where you can "cut out" one part from another.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
StephenW
23-Emerald II

For solid bodies, you can use Merge/Inheritance. In the part, go to the model tab, then the Get Data drop down arrow, Merge/Inheritance.

Just like an extrude, toggle to remove material, then you push the Open folder icon, select the body you will use for the remove, and "assemble" the body in as you do in assembly mode.

ArekTRI
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Hi @StephenW

For clarification,

Should it be an Assembly or Multibody Part?

Thanks,

Arek

Creo 3 user
StephenW
23-Emerald II

Neither. The procedure I described above is in the part mode. Creo doesn't have multibody parts.

You can "merge/inherit" a part into another part, during that process you can specify if the merge part adds material or removes material.

There is a similar feature in assembly mode where you can "cut out" one part from another.

Top Tags