cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Suppressing a feature using a variable parameter in a UDF

JacobCaldwell
2-Guest

Suppressing a feature using a variable parameter in a UDF

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to create a UDF that produces a part with a specific geometry and I also want to be able to change a variable parameter (Yes or No) on initiation of the UDF to toggle the suppression a specific feature.

I was able to create the UDF what produced the geometry I would like.

I was also able to use Pro Program to toggle a feature based on a Yes/No parameter.

Now, I am having trouble figuring out how to combine these.

Is this even possible to do?

On Creo 4.0 btw

Thank,

Jacob

4 REPLIES 4

As I recall .. there are some limitations for this in UDFs and Pro/PROGRAM...

I might be wrong - but I think we bumped into that at some point.

Have you looked into creating a UDF Family table? There are some limitations, but these are powerful and most likely can do what you are looking to do.

Yeah... creating a family table with and without the features is an option I was contemplating; however, this gets significantly more complex when you have additional features to turn turn on and off.

In its current state, there are 12 instances in my UDF's family table, so If I have two features I want to turn off and on that is 4 states for each, which would be 48 instances in the family table rather than 12.  I was trying to avoid this scenario, but if it is my only option, i might have to have a large family table

created family table UDF's where there have been more than 100 instances. you have the option to pair down this list when selecting, instead of selecting by name, select the column tab, then select the variable under column and value. this makes selecting much quicker than scrolling down a long table.

Top Tags