cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Surface creation. Bad reflection!

MaksLinden
5-Regular Member

Surface creation. Bad reflection!

When creating a tangent surface, a bad reflection (compound) is obtained, see picture1
Please tell me how I would do it better, what would be the best reflection and smooth connection of surfaces. With the subsequent use of thickening.

7 REPLIES 7
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:MaksLinden)

You have bad control over your boundary conditions all over the place.  The less separate surfaces the better.  You could probably do all that with a single surface.

MaksLinden
5-Regular Member
(To:Patriot_1776)

Thanks for your reply FrankSSchiavone

!
But I do not understand what you mean by controlling the boundary conditions?
I have 3 sections and frame curves details. First, I create a surface on the two upper sections, then a side surface from the bottom ring and then a front surface (pic.3) ... there are just problems.

Please clarify what you mean by one to make one surface?

Are you using Boundary Blend tool to create this surface? Maybe the Style tool? If so, you are never going to get a nice surface given the boundaries you are trying to work with. I have highlighted the problem area in your screen shot, see attached file. You need to get rid of that corner somehow. If you are absolutely stuck with this geometry then the N-sided patch tool might work here, but i warn you in advance, its difficult to work with if you don't fully understand the tool. If you look in the help files there is an example of the N-sided patch tool showing a surface not too dissimilar to yours.

Good luck!

John

MaksLinden
5-Regular Member
(To:John.Pryal)

Hello John!
Thank!

Yes, I use boundary blend.
Thanks for the problem area, I agree with you. Therefore, I decided to cut the plane to simplify and change the approach of joining surfaces, see Fig.4. As a result, it turned out better, at first glance!
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

If you're using sketched curves to drive things, be aware that you can only specify tangency conditions in sketch mode, which WILL cause issues in your surface.  You can use splines in a sketch and that makes it better, but you'll never get hard numbers for any radii.  I used arcs in sketches, then used points on those to make a datum curve thru points with a curvature continuous condition at one end and a normal condition at the other.  That cleaned up the surface a LOT.  BUT, the caveat is that you can see the curve and thus the surface does not quite follow the arcs, and in the yoke part, the surface does not quite lie exactly on the arc (off by about .014").  But, it's pretty smooth.  Creo doesn't have quite the amount of controls needed for this.2019-02-22_boundary_blend-01.jpg

MaksLinden
5-Regular Member
(To:Patriot_1776)

Thank you for your reply! I just use arcs and frame curves. Unfortunately version CREO.2 does not open your file. Can you resave it?

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II

Sorry, it seems you can't save a downrev to creo 2.

Top Tags