cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Surfaces with Import Feature

MikeMinsterkett
1-Newbie

Surfaces with Import Feature

I have a model that consists of an imported feature. The model is all individual surfaces. I want to solidify the model. Does anyone know if there is a way to merge all the surfaces together? I know I can merge them together one by one but that will take a long time.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Its a bit late now but here is how I fix import geometry.

Edit definition on the import feature.

Then activate the Import DataDoctor.

Check the model tree and make sure all the surfaces are Combine. Shift select all, RMB, Combine. Then I will select the combine, RMB, Collapse.

That will put all in one set. Then you can start fixing bad areas.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

It depends how complex it is, but maybe you can use edges and build new boundary blends like ribbons from top to bottom and merge all together at the end. To speed up the merging process I suggest to create mapkey for it first and change mode to join instead of intersect (it works faster), next you should merge not more than three quilts at once like this following schema: 1+2+3=A next 4+5+6=B next 7+8+9=C ... finally A+B+C etc.

Thanks for the reply. I have fixed the model using merges & sweeps but I thought for sure there would be a quick & easy way to do it.

Its a bit late now but here is how I fix import geometry.

Edit definition on the import feature.

Then activate the Import DataDoctor.

Check the model tree and make sure all the surfaces are Combine. Shift select all, RMB, Combine. Then I will select the combine, RMB, Collapse.

That will put all in one set. Then you can start fixing bad areas.

Ah this is what I was looking for. I actually combined the surfaces before but I wazs missing "collapse" now I see. Thanks for the help.

Top Tags