cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Sweep/Blend with Multiple Trajectories

ptc-6671439
1-Newbie

Sweep/Blend with Multiple Trajectories

I am having difficulty finding a simple way to create a swept or blended surface with multiple unique trajectories. The beginning and ending sections are both 3D curves (do not lie within plane). The required trajectories are also not tangent or normal to these curves at the interfaces. Below is a simplified example with two ellipses as the sections. I've been doing these types of complex surfaces by knitting multiple boundary blends. For example, below I could create four separate boundary blends with tangency constraints at the interfaces where guide trajectory curves are shared, but this quickly becomes tedious. Hopefully there is a simple way to accomplish this that I have been overlooking...

Thanks for any and all help/tips!

Sweep2.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

can't this be achieved in one boundary blend only!

the four trajectories in one direction and the two ellipses in second direction.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

can't this be achieved in one boundary blend only!

the four trajectories in one direction and the two ellipses in second direction.

Thanks, Rohit. A single boundary blend will indeed accomplish exactly what I need. I beleive my hitch was related to my recent revelation regarding composite curves. I just discovered the cut/paste method to create a composite curve from multiple curves/edges. Why that feature is not available through the standard datum curve interface is beyond me.

yes it was there previously in the standard datum curve menu (pro/e 2001).

i do not know why they removed it.

composite_curve.JPG

I wouldn't use a sweep on that, I'd use a boundary blend or multiple boundary blends. I agree with Rohit, you should be able to do it with one boundary blend.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
Top Tags