cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Swept Blend: How to Map Vertices across Sections

ScottPearson
3-Visitor

Swept Blend: How to Map Vertices across Sections

When creating a Swept Blend (Surface), how does one control the mapping of vertices from one Section to another Section?

A simple example:

1. Sketch a five-sided, diamond-shaped sketch (like a home plate in baseball).

2. Sketch another, larger five-sided, diamond-shaped sketch on a parallel sketch plane some offset distance from the first.

3. Now use Swept Blend to create a five-sided surface from one diamond to the other.

Ideally, the vertex at the "point" of the first diamond should map to the vertex at the "point" of the second diamond.

But what if the vertices at the corresponding "points" of the two diamonds do NOT map to each other? How can the user FORCE the vertices at the "points" to map to each other?

Note: In competing CAD software, I have seen dialog boxes which allow the user to manually map "Point A" in one Section to the desired "Point A" in the other Section. But I don't see such a thing in Creo.

Any solutions?

TIA.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

If you are trying to create an arbitrary mapping between vertices of one section to a set of vertices of another section, then I don't think the blend tool can do that.  You can control the "start vertex" and the direction around the "loop", by dragging that white dot and clicking on the arrow...  Review the images in this discussion:

Swept Blend

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

If you are trying to create an arbitrary mapping between vertices of one section to a set of vertices of another section, then I don't think the blend tool can do that.  You can control the "start vertex" and the direction around the "loop", by dragging that white dot and clicking on the arrow...  Review the images in this discussion:

Swept Blend

..."dragging the white dot..." That's the key! That allows control of mapping "Point A" on one sketch to the corresponding "Point A" on the other sketch. Thanks!  I had missed that rather non-intuitive control.

‌If you are creating the sketches internal to the feature the start point and direction is controlled within the sketch sections. The start points should be in the same position on each sketch and the direction arrows should point in the same direction, otherwise, twisting and distortion of the geometry results.

Top Tags