cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Swept/blend along four trajectory splines

fphelps
1-Newbie

Swept/blend along four trajectory splines

Hello all,

I am new to creo and having trouble remembering how to take lets say a elipse and sweep it along four trajectory splines. When I tried to do this earlier I was only able to select two splines. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for your help.

Charlie

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
10 REPLIES 10

An ellipse only requires 3 features to be defined... origin major X and major Y... and the X and Y must be perpendicular through the origin if the ellipse origin is referenced to the origin spline.

Maybe a better picture f what you are trying to accomplish will help. Generally, a sweep feature can have quite a few references that pass into the sketch without issues. Using them may be a different issue.

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:fphelps)

Hey Frank, do you mean using a VSS (Variable Section Sweep) and using a spine tragectory, and 3 others to push and pull the ellipse around?

try creating the ellipse using 4 conics in the sketch.

this will give you 4 points to assign to each trajectory.

fred

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:hodshonf)

PLUS you can use a graph function for the rho values if desired.....

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:fphelps)

Or, if it needs to be symmetric, use an ellipse, with a spine controlling the trajectory, and the other 2 controlling the axiis.

Sorry this took so long to get back to everyone. Thanks for all of the replies. After I played around with it some I realized that first I needed a origin trajectory line. Then I created the 4 trajectory splines around the origin line. Once this was done I created a sweep, selected the lines, and sketched a spline connecting the ends of the four splines. Thanks again for the help. everyone. Does anyone by chance know how to use this same technique but sweeping the inital sketch to say a point? Like you would do on a knife blade.

Some sketches allow you to come to a point, but not many. Zero length features, divide by zero and all that. If you cannot get your profile to become a singularity, the common Pro|WorkAround^tm is to add material that is later removed with a subsequent extrude or revolve.

This one worked. Surprised it works, but it worked.

pointy_knife.PNG

and with a few tweaks...

pointy_knife_II.PNG

Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Yaaaar matey! I've toyed with the idea of making knives.

Top Tags