cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

Swept blend - how to create project outside profile.

efiks
4-Participant

Swept blend - how to create project outside profile.

Hi All,

I'm trying to create projected line from outside profile of "swept blend" on plane (as shown on attached 2nd picture) but i'm not able to select silhouette edges while i'm trying to define "projected operation" ( pointed by red arrow on 1st picture).

Much appreciated for your help,

Damian

edge.JPG

3d.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
TomD.inPDX
17-Peridot
(To:efiks)

Try creating a sketch of the silhouette using the project in the sketcher.

Project this new sketch instead of the silhouette.

Setting up the sketch is obviously normal to the projection direction.

Note the obvious limitations this adds to advanced projection techniques.

But normal projection onto flat planes, this will work for you. 

Also note that silhouettes tend to be fleeting (vulnerable to instability) when the model changes.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:efiks)

Is this during sketch creation? If you are trying to skip making a sketch you will not be including the projection direction which is required to understand the direction the silhouette is being evaluated.

See http://support.ptc.com/help/creo/creo_dma/usascii/index.html#page/dma%2Fdirect_modeling%2Fexample_silhouette_edges_of_faces.html%23

(Edited after: Eventually there will be a system to notify that another reply is in progress.)

🙂

efiks
4-Participant
(To:dschenken)

Thank you dschenken,

I'd tryed do that projection as sshown on example from your link but "profile line" normal to projection plane i'm looking for is not generated from sweep (it is working only for simple extruded shape).

Regards 

Top Tags