cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

TRAJECTORY MILLING FEEDRATE

Mickyd1
1-Newbie

TRAJECTORY MILLING FEEDRATE

hello guys

im having trouble with trajectory milling ,when i machine to a depth in more than one path,like if i was machining to a depth of 20mm but was taking cuts of 5mm on the z axis, on the first path the plunge feedrate would be what i had in the plunge feed parameter but every pass after that would plunge at the cut feed. this causes a problem as plunges too quick.

thanks for any help as this is giving me a headache.

i am using creo 2

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
8 REPLIES 8
SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine
(To:Mickyd1)

Michael,

I had the same problem. What I found is If you look at the parameters there are three feeds that are for what appears to be the plunge. They are approach, Plunge, and Ramp. I have been setting all three with the same approach or plunge feed and it seems to behave itself when plunging. I haven't had time lately to test to see what each does so that is my solution for now maybe someone else knows what the difference is.

wasnt sure if theres something in the post processor as its like a modal thing?

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Michael,

I don't think it's a modal thing or in the post. I think it's PTC giving us more control over feeds and tool path. I view that as a good thing for us! It allows us to control how the tool enters the path by slowing it down if we are plunging into material or at a more rapid feed if it plunges in air. So I like it, but it takes some getting used to if you are coming from WF3 or 4 where you only have the plunge feed so ramps approaches and plunges all ran at the same speed. You could set the 3 feeds to a standard feed rate in a site file if you wanted so that it would always be set if you don't like them at a fast rate.

Steve

Thanks steve for your help will have a play tomorrow sounds like that could be the answer.

michael

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Michael,

I finally had a chance to actually test feed and rapids for trajectory milling. What I did was create a trajectory sequence then fill in the parameters with various feed numbers then do a play path with the CL data visible. If you try this it shows you what all the different feeds and rapids are.

Trajectory parameters.JPG

CLdata.JPG

If you try this with different ramps and leadin leadouts it shows you how everything works pretty well

Steve

thanks for your help steve have been putting the same feedrate in the aproach feed think thats helped.ive been using pro e for about 8 months and still learning.

michael

SteveLucas
13-Aquamarine

Michael,

I started with ProMan at rev 18 and I am still learning. Thats what is nice about this place, some one is usually willing to help or answer a question you might have.

Steve

Steve

looks like ive got a long way to go, i dont find it as daunting as when i first started , ive had a lot of invaluable help from this forum i find it very helpfull and friendly.

michael

Top Tags