cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Table driven from parameters

lzanettin
1-Newbie

Table driven from parameters

Hello,

I need help on tables.

I'm doing a template.

I need to have a table driven by parameters.

I mean:

I imagine a parameters "nbr of lines", (5 for example)

and my table is created with 5 lines.

is it possible?

repetition region??

thanks,

Laurent

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

Laurent,

a table in a drawing is dynamic in case that it contains repeat region, ONLY. Typically, a repeat region is used to show assembly BOM.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák

OK,

we ever use repeat région to show bom.

but now I need everything else.

I Need to do a template without any link with 3D model.

that will be a cabling assembly,

THe goal is to fill many parameters, and these parameters are called in tables.

in our cabling we can have from 1 to 5 connectors.

and I want to have in a table some details about these connectors.

SO, I need that my table automatically create 1 to 5 lines (I CAN create à parameter to drive the number of connectors)

Is it possible?

laurent

Laurent,

it is difficult to understand what you mean. Please upload some pictures and Creo file, if you want to continue the discussion.

Note:

------

If you can create requested repeat region for your cabling assembly manually, then you can save the table containing repeat region on your local disc. Later you can load this saved table into your drawing format or drawing template.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags