cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Taper NPT

cpalmer1
1-Newbie

Taper NPT

Hello people of Creo Users,

I was wondering if anyone here has any success in creating a tapered thread (such as NPT) in Creo Direct Modeling. I know Pro-E has this feature, but since I don't have the program available to me I cannot see how it is done, and I can hardly find any resource material for this subject.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
15 REPLIES 15

The taper angle is fairly straight forward. The OD at the surface however seems to be the challenge.

I suggest making a table of common sizes and keeping it handy.

Any particular size you need the specs for out of Creo?

Basically 1/8 -> 4" sizes

Yes I have a table for this and other tapered thread handy

**As I'm CST it's nearly 5pm here so I'll be answering replies tomorrow **

Very good. Are you saying you have the PTC hole files or a industry reference?

PTC would likely be a little miffed if I posted the data so this is an example of how the hole table data is applied:

From what I remember, threads do not translate in Creo Direct Modeling. But I included the reference here:

NPT_references.PNG

Are you trying to make physical threads in Creo Direct?

yeah, that might be. But the reference you're showing is pretty much what i'm trying to create, the simplified version. Physical threads just take up too much resources

Did they add some sort of of representative thread in Creo Direct? I worked with CoCreate and didn't see anything for thread representation.

What I can do is make a export step with surfaces that has the default NPT sizes you need. Would that help?

it's pretty much a straight thread when you fill out their tables, so no tapering.

Yes, that would be very helpful Though I'm just a beginner lisp operator it will help me out a lot

I'll post up a STEP file later today.

Thank you

I can see one of these at my local ACE h/w

NPT_thread_gage.PNG

Part file is Creo 2.0 full version parametric

The Neutral and Step files have annotations and quilts included

Let me know if you have trouble with any of these.

Thanks for the files...this helped me!

You are welcome, Manuel.

Welcome to the forum!

Honestly I'm still stuck on this. I can create the profiles, but not the thread attribute

What version of Pro/E are you using?

ah..... I'm actually using Creo Direct Modeling.... not Pro E

I got ya. I have no clue as to how direct modeling manages their parameters.

Top Tags