cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Tapped hole through

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Tapped hole through

Hello everyone,

Since Creo 4.0 M030, when creating a hole through a part I noticed the note telling it's going through the part change to english from french. Since M030 it's written THRU instead of A TRAVERS. Any idea to change this ? All the rest of Creo is still in french as expected. Below the same file. The first picture shows the note with M040 and the second with M020.

Capture_THRU.JPGCapture_A TRAVERS.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:RaphMORIN)

Finaly got the answer from support. Since M030, there's a new option in part DTL file called hole_note_param_translation. I can adjust this option in my templates... But in all the parts I made before I have to set this new option to get the correct translation ! Smiley Mad

Hole_note.png

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

Did you tried creating hole feature without using any customization or configuration?

If it is reproducible without in default configuration, I would suggest to submit a case with PTC tech support. 

Thanks Mahesh, it's reproductible without my configurations file !!

Please submit a case for Tech support. It can be due to some change, TS can debug that. 

Ok, done !

RoyCrerar
14-Alexandrite

Hi, These note formats come from the hole table that you are using. Iso.hol, the callout format is configured in this hole table file and is customisable. I'm struggling to get this working too but here is the link for the data formatting. I suspect that this has been populated in English so is you adjust the table you can replace with the french you require.

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/index.html#page/part_modeling%2Fpart_modeling%2Fpart_nine_sub%2FFormatting_Thread_Notes.html

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine
(To:RoyCrerar)

In fact, my hole tables work perfectly fine with Creo 4.0 before M030. The problem started with M030. If I open a file with M020, it's fine. The same file opened with M030 et M040 shows this problem.

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II

Copy the hole file from the m020 install to the m030 install folder and see what happens. Save the m030 file first.

Is the language translated on the fly or coded into the hole files for each language?

RaphMORIN
13-Aquamarine

Finaly got the answer from support. Since M030, there's a new option in part DTL file called hole_note_param_translation. I can adjust this option in my templates... But in all the parts I made before I have to set this new option to get the correct translation ! Smiley Mad

Hole_note.png

Thanks for sharing the information. 

You may accept information shared by you on post as solution for the post. 

Top Tags