cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Text Re-Sketch on Ref-Sketch at one shot

AraviK1
1-Newbie

Text Re-Sketch on Ref-Sketch at one shot

Hi folks,

Is there any simple method to re-sketch on ref sketch of all letters in single shot for "with draft feature" in offset. abc.PNG

aaa.PNG

By using this we can only create entire loop. but i am looking for all letters in a single shot, not by selecting individual letter. similar to "select all" if there is any option for this, So that we can save lots of time while creation of text embossing on part.

x.PNG

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

I think you are stuck with having to select each loop until they let us select the sketch rather than creating a new one.

Inoram
13-Aquamarine
(To:AraviK1)

Then would it be easier to do the draft as a seperate feature after you created the text?

Thanks Antonius & Matt,

But my question is , when we need to create a more embossing letters on part,

First will create a

sketch---->

Select which surface wanted to emboss--->

Edit--->

offset--->

image_png.png---->

Define internal sketch---->

Now i need to redraw the all the existing letters sketch for emoboss.

Its very difficult to sketch invidual letter by using loop.

I am asking for this solution.

Hope you alll got my doubt?

I fully appreciate your question, Ravi. But the answer you want isn't there.

Just look at it this way:

You create the master text sketch as a stand alone feature.

You then create the offset feature and -copy- the master text sketch using the loop option of the Project action in sketcher. This is a very simple process... or should be.

- I am not understanding how this is difficult (?) You are on WF5? I am not familiar with its limitations in sketcher.

And also know that you will loose associativity easily if you make significant changes to the original text sketch. Small moves may be preserved but large moves or changes will loose the Project associativity. Knowing this, you want to make sure there is not significant action on the embossing feature you created or know that it won't change significantly (check your spelling! ).

I believe it should be easier and more reliable than this. But for now, this is certainly better than it has ever been in the past. Optionally, we can use also use decals through the Appearance Manager.

Thanks Antonius. Yes, working on WF 5.0.

dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:AraviK1)

A more useable approach is to create a UDF for each character and place them one character at a time on the part.

This way the loop selection happens once for each character, when the UDF is created. Create datum planes in the UDF for the top, bottom, right, and left sides as references for the next character UDF.

A family table could be built for the UDF, but it isn't required.

Thanks David,

Sure i will try once UDF approach.

Top Tags