cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Text font in 3D annotation

FM
1-Newbie
1-Newbie

Text font in 3D annotation

Allow user to change font of 3D annotation in 3D Mode. For exemple aannotation with model dimensions and parameters flat to screen.

It's currently unavailable in Creo 2.0 and Creo 1.0

Add a easier way to show dimensions from model or Parameter form model in 3D annotation

today it works great with &PARAMETER[.1] but it's difficult for new users to know this tips.

Add a capability to make all around a note or the whole text

today it's works with the tips @[  ]@ or something like this hard to remain for beginners and also for me.

13.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
whu-2
4-Participant
(To:FM)

Now 3D drawing is more and more popular and important than 2D drawing. The functionality of change font of 3D annotation in 3D Mode is very eager for us too. As I know, this functionality is not available in Creo 3.0 either. Hope PTC can add this enhancement into Creo 4.0

bduncan
15-Moonstone

Hope PTC can add it into Creo 3.0 Mxx

lbai
4-Participant

This functionality is added into Creo 4.0

We are planning to allow control of the font for 3D annotations in Creo 4.0, so I've changed the status of this idea to "Implementation in Progress".

As a side note, there are several independent ideas described above. The main one is about enabling fonts in 3D, so I've changed the status based on that idea being fulfilled; however, it would be better in the future to create separate ideas for each item rather than creating one idea and listing multiple things. It becomes much more difficult to keep track of status when things are bundled together like this.

jarcher-3
1-Newbie

To support MBD initiatives downstream, for example manufacturing utilizing notes via published annotations in Creo View, the support of 3D fonts for annotations needs to carry to support published annotations in viewable information. It is especially problematic in Flat to Screen annotations, since these are scaled based on screen resolution and even published based on screen resolution and not based on zoom. Any changes made to support fonts should additionally be tested to support downstream publishing.

Top Tags