cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Thickness Creo 3.0

ptc-6779659
1-Newbie

Thickness Creo 3.0

Hi!

I'm relatively new to the Creo software. I would like to know if it's possible to apply a variable thickness to a part. I know that I can use the Thick tool, but if I use it I don't know how to modify the thickness along the part.

To put an easy example, if I am modeling a simple (rectangular) cantilever and I want to have a different thickness at the begining of the cantilever than at the end of the same, how can I do it?

Thanks!

RDR.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:ptc-6779659)

Model it from the side view and extrude the width, building your thickness into the sketch. This works nice if it is a straight taper. You can model a rectangle and apply a taper to the surface. You can also use a trajpar() for the thickness/edge definition.

Welcome to the forum, Roger.

Your question is very much dependent on what you are trying to make. There are so many tools in Creo that you can tackle this in many ways. Simple extrudes with tapers is one; sweep, blends, sweep/blends... totally separate surfaces later merged and solidified. Pick you poison.

Creo.JPGI can put two diffrent views in drawing module.as shown in figure. how i can create this.

Muhammad, please see your other thread regarding this question.

Your reply is unrelated to the question from the person making this thread.

How i can create two different views in same drawing in Creo drawing Module.

thank you guys! I'll try to do it right now!

Top Tags