cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Thread turning

DanielSantos
1-Newbie

Thread turning

Hi folks,

I admit I'm not much familiar with thread turning in Pro/NC. As we have a bunch of weird threads in our segment that most CAM systems can't deal with, so I never messed much with thread turning in Pro/NC...

However, I'm working on a new PP and I plan to have what Pro/NC can offer well deployed... but I'm not figuring out the thing with THREAD_FEED parameter and some other stuff...

In ISO cycles THREAD_FEED is the pitch (At least in the tape file) but in AI MACRO it's seems to behave different...

Can anybody help this poor guy to understand PTC's mess? I don't know why these guys love to complicate the simple...

I need to really understand how I can get the depth I want in the tape file, I mean: Let's suppose I have a O.D. thread Ø450 with a pitch of 5mm... I want the diameter at the bottom to be Ø440mm... but the "thing"decides that it should be Ø445.092 in the tape file...

THREAD_FEED is set to be 4mm

CLEAR_DIST is 5.0mm, that's why we get a X460. in the beginning...

INFEED_ANGLE in 30 degress...

PERCENT_DEPTH is 0.25 and NUMBER_CUTS 10

If I sketch a turn profile in the O.D., where can I inform the depth is 5mm (Or 10mm diametrically)? I noticed in General type I can do it, but THREAD_FEED still interfering in the result, and I still not sure about what CUT_FEED does as it is a mandatory parameter...

I'm definetely lost on this one... two possibilities here: is too simple and I'm a stupid or the inverse...

Any help is greatly appreciated,

Regards,

Daniel Santos - CAM Support

GE Oil&Gas

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
2 REPLIES 2

:BUMP:

Daniel,

Did you ever get the threading figured out. I have done a lot of that. Give me a call.

Kent

Top Tags