cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Three Asterisks (stars) on PDF Publish

DonSenchuk
7-Bedrock

Three Asterisks (stars) on PDF Publish

We've been publishing our drawings as PDF files for some time. Once in awhile we see some problems with publishing PDFs. This has caused people to begin doubting the accuracy of the published prints. Enough that I've been considering no longer publishing PDFs and switching to the default.

The latest has me at the end of a very short rope.

Our title block has a table with various entries like DRAWN BY, CHECKED BY, DATE, etc. Normally these are filled in from the model parameters. Normally this works perfectly. There have been a few drawings where the majority of these parameters show up as three asterisks (attached image). Normally I would think this means whoever did the drawing screwed something up.

However, in this latest case when I open the drawing in Creo Parametric everything has been done correctly. All the parameters are filled in in the model. The tables of the drawing format have not been altered. The tables in the drawing format show the names/numbers properly.

Has anyone else seen this or any similar behavior when publishing to PDF? Is publishing to PDF the cause? If not where do I start looking?

TYIA

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags