cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Tips for text

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member

Tips for text

Here's an open discussion for text and notes in Creo and Pro-engineer.

Add tips and tricks that you know and ask questions that would be a good addition to this topic.

If you know of any previous threads that will compliment this topic please provide us the link.

131 REPLIES 131

GD&T

• Use parametric GD&T when you can, and try this if you want to create a custom note.

Type this as the text:

GD&T text example.PNG

And get this as the note:

GD&T tex example 2.PNG

• Notice that you type @[ before the symbol and then type @] after the symbol to create a box around it.

Here is one i strayed upon recently. If you have a multi line note with a leader, you can change the position of the leader line relative to the note itself, by adding @O to the start or end of a line. Apologies if someone already covered this, it is a rather long post.

John

I typed the text in creo 4.0 but it is not coming.

I needed sub and superscript today and just like you it's not working for me in Creo 4.0. Bummer!

I found this:

• In Creo Parametric 2.0 and earlier, not part of the functionality.
    • Workaround:
    • Superscript:@+<upper tolerance value>@#
    • Subscript: @-<lower tolerance value>@#
  • From Creo Parametric 3.0,
    • Use the Superscript and Subscript command in the Format tab > Style group.
    • Or add them with above workaround grammar and the partion symbol {n: } in Format tab > Text group overflow menu > Text Editor.

It still works for making a superscript above a subscript as well.  It's a bit finicky, so just click and remove spaces until you get what you need.

You might have to edit it using the properties box versus typing it in directly because Creo 4.0 is WYSIWYG (What you see is what you get). Then editing it with through the properties box should work.

Superscript

Type this as the text:

25 ft@+2@#

superscript example 2.PNG

Notice that @+ goes before the text to be superscripted, and @# goes after.

Subscript

Type this as the text:

C@-6@#H@-12@#O@-6@#

subscript example 2.PNG

Notice that @- goes before the text to be subscripted, and @# goes after.

Hi Kevin...

The links didn't seem to work. I know what they're supposed to show... but they're not showing!

KevinBradberry
5-Regular Member
(To:BrianMartin)

What links?

Superscript and subscript examples didn't pop up... and they didn't appear as graphics. Although in your previous message the GD&T stuff DID show properly.

Now I see what you mean, the images are not linking to larger images. I'm not getting the options for Delte or Edit on that post (but, oddly, those options are available on the GD&T post) so I'll insert them here. Thanks Brian.

superscript example 2.PNG subscript example 2.PNG

Next you should cover other nifty tricks like overriding dimensions with special text, displaying dimension symbols (instead of values) for tabulated drawings, and methods to import true type fonts for use in drawings.

Oh yeah and also show how to do a superscript over top of a subscript (as if you're showing a limit or plus/minus dimension)!

I'd do it... but I'm lazy. And I'm behind on my presentation!

In addition to KevinBradberry tip:

plusminus.jpg

Add superscript first and then subscript.

Can we use this 25 ft@+2@# text same as in Creo4.0 for + - symbol in notes.

Multiple formats within single note

To edit the style of one section of a note, first click to select the entire note, then click again to select just the section you want to change. You can then RMB -> Text Style... and change size etc as required.

This works directly with separate lines within a note, but to change just one part within a line you must first separate that section by adding {1: and } around the relevant text:

{1:Large Text} Small Text

Separate Line

Then close the note editor and proceed as above.

To insert text symbol directly from the keyboard (text symbol as a font): press CTRL+A when in a Note Properties window.

To come back to standard font, press CTRL+B.

In the exemple below I typed "azertyuiop"

symbol.jpg

To round the value of a parameter called in a note, add [.X] after the parameter name, X being the number of decimals.

round.jpg

Hi I triedyour Tip, But It's not working in WF4

I entered text notes as

Volume Filled: &PRO_MP_VOLUME.X

I am getting same as like text, If I remove .X then it's coming volume value without units and with 3 decimal places

If you entered it exactly like you said, then you forgot about brackets. It should look like:

Volume Filled: &PRO_MP_VOLUME[.X]

Otherwise, you'll get plain text, because there is no parametr PRO_MP_VOLUME.X in model.

Thanks For your quick responce

I Tried with brackets also as you said Volume Filled: &PRO_MP_VOLUME[.X]

I am getting like this

untitled.bmp

My note properties is changed to

Volume Filled: {1:&PRO_MP_VOLUME:224}[.X]

Ah, OK, but you need to substitute "X" with a number of decimal places you want to get. Therefore, if you want to format note to show only two decimal places, you need to write Volume Filled: &PRO_MP_VOLUME[.2], if three, then Volume Filled: &PRO_MP_VOLUME[.3] and so on. X was just a mark to change in your own note.

It's working fine, Thank you very much

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:ptc-4888045)

I thought it was clear enough when I wrote "X being the number of decimals."

If &PRO_MP_VOLUME=.055 (a real number parameter)

Volume Filled: &PRO_MP_VOLUME[.2]

Results

Volume Filled: 0.06

Desired Results:

Volume Filled: .06

Any tricks to drop the zero before the decimal?

Is there any way to round to the hundreds? For example, I want a similar note to yours, but with the results being:

Volume Approximé: 1900 mm³

Seems silly to display up to the single cubic millimeter, especially if you make tiny part changes.

The [.0] is the decimal location for rounding. You would use [.2] if you want xxx.xx

If you want to round the value, there are other tricks you can do in relations using multiplication, testing for rounding up or down, and reconstituting a valid value.

I want hundreds, not hundreths.

Hi Bob,

The best way I can think of is to define a separate parameter for volume_rounded, and display that in the drawing.

This would then be defined by a relation along the lines of (off the top of my head):

volume_rounded = 100 * floor(volume/100 + 0.5)

It might be int() rather than floor()... try it and see.

HTH!

That did it. Thanks! Unfortunate how convoluted it had to be, but it worked.

Bob,

follow the advice mentioned by Antonius. Create new parameter and relation which puts rounded value into it.

Martin Hanak

Martin Hanák
Top Tags