Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for text

Tips for text

Here's an open discussion for text and notes in Creo and Pro-engineer.

Add tips and tricks that you know and ask questions that would be a good addition to this topic.

If you know of any previous threads that will compliment this topic please provide us the link.

131 REPLIES 131

Re: Tips for text

GD&T

• Use parametric GD&T when you can, and try this if you want to create a custom note.

Type this as the text:

GD&T text example.PNG

And get this as the note:

GD&T tex example 2.PNG

• Notice that you type @[ before the symbol and then type @] after the symbol to create a box around it.

Superscript

Type this as the text:

25 ft@+2@#

superscript example 2.PNG

Notice that @+ goes before the text to be superscripted, and @# goes after.

Subscript

Type this as the text:

C@-6@#H@-12@#O@-6@#

subscript example 2.PNG

Notice that @- goes before the text to be subscripted, and @# goes after.

Multiple formats within single note

To edit the style of one section of a note, first click to select the entire note, then click again to select just the section you want to change. You can then RMB -> Text Style... and change size etc as required.

This works directly with separate lines within a note, but to change just one part within a line you must first separate that section by adding {1: and } around the relevant text:

{1:Large Text} Small Text

Separate Line

Then close the note editor and proceed as above.

Hi Kevin...

The links didn't seem to work. I know what they're supposed to show... but they're not showing!

What links?

Highlighted

Superscript and subscript examples didn't pop up... and they didn't appear as graphics. Although in your previous message the GD&T stuff DID show properly.

Now I see what you mean, the images are not linking to larger images. I'm not getting the options for Delte or Edit on that post (but, oddly, those options are available on the GD&T post) so I'll insert them here. Thanks Brian.

superscript example 2.PNG subscript example 2.PNG

Next you should cover other nifty tricks like overriding dimensions with special text, displaying dimension symbols (instead of values) for tabulated drawings, and methods to import true type fonts for use in drawings.

Oh yeah and also show how to do a superscript over top of a subscript (as if you're showing a limit or plus/minus dimension)!

I'd do it... but I'm lazy. And I'm behind on my presentation!

In addition to KevinBradberry tip:

plusminus.jpg

Add superscript first and then subscript.