Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tips for text

Re: Tips for text

To insert text symbol directly from the keyboard (text symbol as a font): press CTRL+A when in a Note Properties window.

To come back to standard font, press CTRL+B.

In the exemple below I typed "azertyuiop"

symbol.jpg

To round the value of a parameter called in a note, add [.X] after the parameter name, X being the number of decimals.

round.jpg

To see the result of a note change without closing the note window, simply click on your drawing's background when the changes are done.

It will act like a "Preview" button.

What was the trick for putting in your own dimension?

It has something to do with @D0 or something and then you type in your own dimension.

@OmyOwnDimension - @O overwrites the default content

Thanks. That is what I was looking for. Just remember it's an "O" (oh) and not a zero.

Hi Dale...

In Wildfire 5 and beyond there's also a radio button for "Override" on the Dimension Properties window that does the same thing.

Thanks!

-Brian

If you don't want to mess with pen tables and you export PDF drawings, try assigning "thickness" to your text.

I use .012 in in/lb (SAE) drawings providing nice crisp text in the PDF export.

Also, a nice font for distinguishing 1 (one) from I (upper case i) and l (lower case L) is ISO30985FONT. It is the closest thing I found to the Creo Direct Modeling default HP font.

Anyone know how to create the Feature Control Frame B below?

http://www.kxcad.net/ugs/SDRC_I-DEAS_NX_series_Help_Library/des_ug/graphics/s8Dmgf2dobo.gif

Hi Antonius...

That's called a Composite Tolerance. from the Datum Refs tab, select the radio button for Composite Tolerance. See below. If you need help with the other stuff (diameter symbols, etc) just let me know.

composite.png

Thanks!

-Brian