cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

To make Hardness units available in Creo 2.0

AlejandroSamped
6-Contributor

To make Hardness units available in Creo 2.0

Hello,

First of all, I have already opened and closed a case with PTC support, case number 12399472, where PTC has agreed that this is a limitation of the software and advised me to write a product idea here in order to bring this serious issue forward.

My environment is Creo 2.0 with PDMLink 10.1.

Background: we have WTparts in PDMLink containing attributes (M34N1 and M34N2) with the following units (respectively): deg_IRH and deg_Shore_A. These are units for rubber hardness, defined in PDMLink 10.1.

The problem comes when creating a new CAD part in Creo, and then creating the parameter M34N1 (which is mapped to the PDMLink attribute with the same name), of Real Number type, and designated.

The issue is that we cannot associate the proper unit to this parameter, because deg_IRH is not available in Creo 2.0 unit list! Therefore, uploading and checkin of the CAD part is prevented.

If we don't unitize the parameter, we get the proper error stating that Real Number type parameters must come in with unit. If we unitize the parameter, we get the error message that the selected unit (doesn't matter what Creo 2.0 available unit we choose) is not compatible with deg_IRH , which is the unit defined in PDMLink for this parameter.

My idea is that we add deg_IRH and deg_Shore_A as available units in Creo 2.0, and in general, Hardness units which are compatible with the units defined in PDMLink, in order to allow upload and checkin of models containing hardness-related parameters.

From a higher level perspective, I find it hard to understand why PDMLink 10.1 and Creo 2.0, being both PTC products, have non-consistent lists of units with each other; independently from the fact that they are hardness units or not. In my case, it has been proven that the units deg_IRH and deg_Shore_A are defined in PDMLink 10.1, but not in Creo 2.0.

Looking forward to others' comments and to seeing an out-of-the-box solution for this,

Regards,

Alex Sampedro

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags