cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

+/+ Tolerance display

JosephLord
1-Newbie

+/+ Tolerance display

Hi, I want to show a tolerance on a drawing to be +/+ and not +/-, such as: 25 +0.1 +0.3 I have selected 'Plus-Minus' from tolerance mode, but the lower tolerance box seems to automatically make it a minus figure. I have tried to type 0.3 in the upper tolerance box, and +0.1 in the lower tolerance box. But it disregards my '+' and displays it as -0.1. Any ideas?
This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
5 REPLIES 5

"Joseph Lord" wrote:

Hi, I want to show a tolerance on a drawing to be +/+ and not +/-, such as: 25 +0.1 +0.3 I have selected 'Plus-Minus' from tolerance mode, but the lower tolerance box seems to automatically make it a minus figure. I have tried to type 0.3 in the upper tolerance box, and +0.1 in the lower tolerance box. But it disregards my '+' and displays it as -0.1. Any ideas?

Try .3 as upper tolerance and -.1 for the lower tolerance. When you show the tolerance it should display as +.3 and +.1.

Yeah, By putting -0.1 in the lower tolerance, it comes out as +0.1. Cheers I also noticed that if you put -0.3 in the upper limit it comes out a -0.3. Weird.

I just had to do this last week, type a -.1 dimension in the lower side and it'll print right.
RobertH
13-Aquamarine
(To:ptc-2708796)

You can also add the folowing line behind the @D code. @++0.5@#@--0.5@# If you change the second '-' into a + it became +0.5 +0.5
Top Tags