cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Torque and centrifugal loads

Jordanskiz
1-Newbie

Torque and centrifugal loads

Hi,

I want to simulate an air plug which makes the distribution in a motor.

This plug is in the cylinder head and two bearings at each end hold it in place.

Thanks to a chain on a sprocket at one end, the part rotates at 4000 rpm. So I add a centrifugal load on the whole part.

The chain does not rotate everytimes at the same speed and due to the inertia of the part, the chain creates a torque at one end of the part.Capture.PNG

I put two pin constraints and two planar constraints at each end to simulate the bearing and I add the torque on the right end (460 Nm).

But I need to block the last degree of freedom (the rotation on the central axle of the part) otherwise I can not do a simulation...

I don't know what to block because in the reality the part is not blocked...

Can you please help me ?

Thanks,

Jordan

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
3 REPLIES 3

If I understand this correctly, the component isn't transmitting any torque - it's just being twisted against its own inertia, presumably backwards and forwards at some fairly high frequency.

If you look at the centrifugal load it also has a section for angular acceleration. If you replace your torque load with a rotational constraint, and instead apply an acceleration load, does that do what you want?

Hello Jordan, did Jonathan's suggestion help or maybe Steven's detail questions gave you an idea, so you could solve the task? Gunter

SylvainA.
4-Participant
(To:Jordanskiz)

Hello,

you write: "due to the inertia of the part, the chain creates a torque at one end of the part"

It is only true during acceleration/deceleration.

At fixed velocity, one doesn't care about inertia of the part.

During constant-speed rotation, the motor torque will be due to frictions or a torque load applied on this part.

In theory, if you apply a constant torque on a part that is frictionless, it will endlessly accelerate.

Top Tags