cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Transferring Creo Parametric 5.0 License

mlocascio
4-Participant

Transferring Creo Parametric 5.0 License

I crashed the hard drive on the computer that I had Creo Parametric 5.0 installed. Somehow I am hopeful that I don't have to wait 24 hours to receive a blessing from license management at PTC. Is there any way to resurrect the license file from the old computer. Or does the license file have to be directly associated with the host iD for the new computer? 

2 REPLIES 2
mlocascio
4-Participant
(To:mlocascio)

I spelled licensing wrong. Oops. 

If you take a look in the license file with a text editor, you'll see that it does indeed rely on the Host ID, specified in the file by the line

SERVER __HOSTNAME__ PTC_HOSTID=XX-XX-XX-XX-XX-XX 7788

Where the "XX-XX..." is the Host ID of the computer you are going to be installing the license file to. The 7788 is the port that will be used to communicate with the license server. You have to have a license file that matches the Host ID of the machine you're installing the server to. The only way to get that is through PTC. If you're on active maintenance, you might be able to just log into the eSupport area and generate the license file yourself.

Top Tags