cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Trim Fails To Intersect Part

nhall
11-Garnet

Trim Fails To Intersect Part

Hi,

I am trying to trim a couple of relatively complex sheets in Creo 5.0.5.0 and encountering some issues. The attached screenshots shows the target and tool that I am trying to use in the operation but output error is 'Feature aborted. Failed to intersect part".

I cannot fathom what is causing the issue as the tool goes completely through the target and out the other side. The only thing I can think of is that the top of the tool surface isn't intersecting (hopefully visible in the images) with anything but surely the whole tool doesn't have to be in contact with the target, otherwise how would you create complex cutouts?

Any help on how to get around this, would be greatly appreciated!

Not sure if this makes any difference but I should probably add that I am doing this on a standard Creo without the Surfacing Design extension.

Thanks in advance,

Nick

1 REPLY 1
nhall
11-Garnet
(To:nhall)

After a bit of testing, it would appear as though there is something wrong with the tool, as it is unable to trim a flat, square sheet (same error as above is produced). A cylinder successfully trims the original target so my question is what could be wrong with the tool and what parameters could Creo be unhappy with that prevents trimming?

Top Tags