Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble during Extruded Cut

SOLVED
Participant

Trouble during Extruded Cut

Hi everyone,

I want to split one part into two using creo. I aimed for extruded cut to do so. When I sketch and press extrude, the extruded cutting option remains inactive. It could not be selected. I would be very thankful if anyone helps me out with this.menisci.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Trouble during Extruded Cut

You need solid or geometry before you can make a cut. Facet geometry is neither solid or surface.  You'll need to uise something like the Reverse Engineering Extension to make solid or surface geometry out of your scan data first.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

Facet geometry is special kind of geometry, you cannot combine this geometry with standard Creo features.

I am not sure what to do ... maybe you can save your part as shrinkwrap and apply your modification in this new part.

Martin Hanák

You need solid or geometry before you can make a cut. Facet geometry is neither solid or surface.  You'll need to uise something like the Reverse Engineering Extension to make solid or surface geometry out of your scan data first.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

View solution in original post

Thank you for your reply. I did it using geomagic studio 12. I simply removed the things which were not required in the point cloud data that I obtained from 3d scanning.

Thank you
Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!