cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Turn off versioned files on one model/asm

jim44
4-Participant

Turn off versioned files on one model/asm

Hello,

Is there a way to turn off file versioning on individual parts/assemblies? I'd prefer to keep the backups for all other models on by default. I need to be able to read the same filename in another program to perform design studies. I'm hoping there's an option in the active model.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MartinHanak
24-Ruby II
(To:jim44)

Hi,

I think it is not possible to turn off file versioning for individual model. If you develop solution outside of Creo using bat file, then you can create Creo mapkey which (1) save the model and (2) launch solution.

Martin Hanák
remy
21-Topaz I
(To:jim44)

@jim44 wrote:

Is there a way to turn off file versioning on individual parts/assemblies? I'd prefer to keep the backups for all other models on by default.

If you mean to prevent Creo from adding the iteration number at the end of the file name when saving then, you might want to try this article :https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article?n=CS165325

it suggests to turn the option save_file_iterations to no.

That way Creo overwrites the file when save (just like other CADs do) consequently the model name is constant.

@jim44 wrote:

I need to be able to read the same filename in another program to perform design studies.

Another solution consists in preventing your other program to read the end of the file name. 
It's up to you.

Top Tags