cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

UDF for a Sweep?

ptc-933177
1-Newbie

UDF for a Sweep?

Hey everyone, I need to create a UDF that cuts along multiple edges of the same surface. My idea is to utilize a sweep, but the UDF I created is very limiting. Does anyone have any ideas? I'm hoping to be able to select any number of edges for the trajectory of the UDF.

Thanks for any help you can give!

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
4 REPLIES 4

You might be able to use a composite curve as the basis for the UDF?

That way you could create a curve based on as many edges as you like and the reference that the UDF will require will be the composite curve - I have done this before for creating an armoured cable covering for part of a cable and it worked OK.

You need to have a composite curve in the part within which you are creating the UDF and be careful with the other rederences that you use.

Thanks for the tip! I have tried this method, however I can only choose one edge of the object (but either of its vertices) as the start point for the UDF. I believe this is a result of creating the UDF on the composite curve, which began from this particular edge. I need to be able to choose any vertex I please in order for it to do what I wish. Do you have any thoughts on this?

Can you share your model at all so that I can understand the underlying geometry?

I can send you the files. I was able to get the UDF to place on any vertex, however it only places properly on that edge I spoke of above. Just private message me your email please.

Top Tags