cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Unable to open CREO Parametric

SarthakBolt
2-Guest

Unable to open CREO Parametric

Hello,

I have successfully installed CREO Parametric and whenever I try to open it (normally as well as an administrator), the loading icon appears next to the cursor and disappears after 3-4 seconds but CREO parametric does not open and I don't even get any error messages. 

So, I don't even know what's wrong.

I hope someone can help me with this at the earliest.

Thanking you in advance,

Sarthak

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:SarthakBolt)

If it won't start, are you sure it is installed correctly?

Sounds like some settings that are required are not being met.

Did you set the Start In folder in your launch icon to a folder that you have write access to?

Yes, the installation was done correctly.

And yes, I have set the Start In folder in my launch icon to a folder that I have write access to.

What are the computer specs? Specifically what graphics card do you have? If it is not a proper OpenGL supported card then I have seen this behavior and sometimes it can be addressed by updating the graphics driver to the latest. Another thing to try would be putting the option "graphics wind32_gdi" in your config.pro. If you don't have one you can just put the attached file into the folder where Creo is set to start and rename it so that it is only called config.pro .

Okay, thanks a lot. I'll try that.

@SarthakBolt wrote:

Hello,

I have successfully installed CREO Parametric and whenever I try to open it (normally as well as an administrator), the loading icon appears next to the cursor and disappears after 3-4 seconds but CREO parametric does not open and I don't even get any error messages. 

So, I don't even know what's wrong.

I hope someone can help me with this at the earliest.

Thanking you in advance,

Sarthak

Hi,

look into Event Viewer, maybe you will find some error related to Creo start.

Process names:

• parametric.exe
  • xtop.exe

Martin Hanák

Hey,

I checked all the logs and could not find any error related to Creo.

@SarthakBolt, This looks like an installation issue. Where did you download the application from? Was the installables on the same machine or was it installed from netwok location?

Once you launch the application, start the task manager and check if xtop.exe is shown under the process/details. Also check if there is xtop.exe located in Common Files\x86e_win64\obj folder. If the xtop is not found it means the installation had not taken place correctly.

You can follow the below steps.

• Uninstall Creo Parametric by going to control panel
  • Ensure all folders are removed/deleted related to Creo Parametric application
  • Reboot the machine
  • Download Creo setup from PTC website
  • Extract the zip folder
  • Run setup.exe as admin.

Top Tags