cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Unhide Sketch (in sheetmetal part)

doneill-2
1-Newbie

Unhide Sketch (in sheetmetal part)

I would like to "unhide" a sketch from a previous feature... to use for reference...

I select it... unhide... but it does not become visible.

What am I missing?

Thanks

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for the reply...

"The construction geometry and dimensions will not show."

That's what I was afraid of...

I appreciate you provided a work around but of course,  I'm trying to reduce steps...

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:doneill-2)

You might check layers. It's possible that the sketch is on a hidden layer.

Thanks... I checked layers... That's not it.

Dan,

As Stephen mentioned this might be due to layers. Also check that sketch is not in multiple layers.

Hi,

show feature information to see layer containing the feature.

MH

Martin Hanák

Agree with martin.

Select layer tree-->Unhide all--> save status.

This way you will get sketch in unhide condition

Thanks,

jitu Thakor

Hmm... Thank you all for the reply's... The feature outline shows up, but the dimensions and construction geometry do not. 

Surely Creo will show the complete sketch....

StephenW
23-Emerald II

Even when I edit a hidden sketch, I see the dimensions and outline of the sketch.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

I believe the sketch needs to be external to the feature for you to see it or reference it.  The construction geometry and dimensions will not show.

If you need to see the construction geometry, I would suggest you make an external sketch keeping all of the lines as geometry then create the features with internal sketches referencing the base sketch.

There is always more to learn in Creo.

Thanks for the reply...

"The construction geometry and dimensions will not show."

That's what I was afraid of...

I appreciate you provided a work around but of course,  I'm trying to reduce steps...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

If you could give us a little more detail, you may get a better answer.

What Kevin says is correct BUT, construction geometry is not regular sketcher geometry. You have to convert lines to get construction geometry.

Dimensions always show.

External sketches are 100% reusable. Internal sketch are not reusable and only apply to the feature they are created in.

The sketch was created before the feature and is visible in the model tree before the feature and not buried under it... if that's what External means. 

We can simplify the question and just focus on dimension visibility...

The sketch is un-hiddden and is External. 

Bottom line... Dimensions are not visible.

If someone has a screenshot of a visible sketch (not in edit mode), showing dimensions, then I guess I would have to pursue this further...

StephenW
23-Emerald II

I'm guessing we are really talking about different things.

Yes, that is an external sketch.

I created a sheetmetal part. I used a sketch to create a cut in the sheetmetal part and I used the same sketch to create a planar wall on the sheetmetal part.

Sketch is still "hidden" in the model tree but dimesions are fully visible in all modes.

First is just edit mode, second is redefining the sketch, third is using the sketch over again.

Hi,

in Part mode you can use Show Annotations command to display curve dimensions permanently.

show_annotations.png

MH

Martin Hanák

Hmm... Thanks for all the details!  Something must be turned off in my system somewhere...

I can "Show Annotations" temporarily... but when I close the dialog box they go away.  No mater what I select it tells me "no annotations can be shown for the selected objects" 

Well... sure enough...

I went to File... Options... Entity Display...

scrolled down to Dimensions, annotations...

and checked "Show annotations and Annotation Elements"

I think this will give me what I need... Now I just need to figure out the construction geometry part.

Thanks for everyone's help!  Stephen... way to hang in there with me!

Top Tags