cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Unit Normal Vectors - UDA

JWayman
1-Newbie

Unit Normal Vectors - UDA

Hello,

I have a colleague who is trying to automate the analysis of the unit normal vectors at certain discrete points on a surface.

I have determined that, using Analysis, Geometry, Point, I can get the Normal Vector at a given point.

Simple, I thought: Create a Field Point, create an Analysis Feature on the Field Point with Normal Vector as the output parameter, and Bob's your Uncle!

No. Apparently, I am prevented from making an Analysis Feature to measure the Geometry of a Point.

Am I missing a trick, here?

WF2, M220. We do have BMX, clearly, or else we would not be able to get as far as we have.

I would welcome some help on this one.

Thanks.

John

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
0 REPLIES 0
Top Tags