cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Updating Parameter - Confirm window pop up

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Updating Parameter - Confirm window pop up

When updating parameters in drawings (my specials), sometimes I have a confirmation window pop-up. After clicking Confirm, the change window pops-up. Other times the change window pops-up right away. This is crazY for muscle memory when your trying to rip these out as quick as possible. Sometimes you have to go for the mouse to click confirm while other times you don't.

What cause this window to pop-up?

Thanks, Dale

Parameter_change.jpg

Parameter_change2.jpg

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
7 REPLIES 7

Does this model has family table, by any chance? I had this issue couple of years ago, when doing drawings for one of the customers and it was mostly sheetmetal. IIRC, when I tried to edit parameter after creating a flat state (which in effect meant I had a family table for the part), there was this "Confirm" menu, and it didn't matter whether parameter was table-driven or not. It's a thing with upadting this parameter in all of the instances of generic part. If I had all parameters defined before creating the family table, nothing like this happened.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:LukaszMazur)

Both the instances that have the pop up window and those that don't are models that are part of a differenct family tables. I didn't know if the parameters being locked had anything to do with this or not.

If I am reading this correctly, this happens when you define a parameter in the format that is not in the drawing. It will then prompt you to fill in those parameters when you add the format to a drawing. I know there is a document out there for this but i can not seem to find it. I will link to it if i can.

Sorry Andrew, but all parameters are defined. This happens when I go to modify a parameter.

When I do specials at this company, the revision level may go from F from the origianl to A for the special, the person who modeled is goes from one of two previous people to myself, and so on.

This happens when I double click on the cell in order to edit the value. Sometimes it pops up the confirmation window which either requires me to middle mouse button to select it, or to actually scroll over and click on confirm. Other times it pops up the box that I can directly enter text into. The problem arises from when I am flying through specials, sometimes is acts one way and sometimes the other. I am trying to find out why there is this behavior so that it can be constitent and I don't stumble on doing it one way when it's the other. It just slows me down to much.

Thanks, Dale

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

I still have this happening and would like to know if somebody may know why sometimes a confirmation window pops up and sometimes it doesn't.

Is there something in the config.pro like:

confirm_on_edit that can be set on/off?

Thanks, Dale

I am only going by the logic of the code... and therefore is highly suspect.

What may be happening is that the parameters are created with relations that are still in the relations dialog.

If it is simply a parameter, you are probably updating the parameter in the appropriate location; however, if it is defined as a relation, it is likely removing the parameter "MODELED_BY" and replaced with plain text and the parameter remains what the relation says it is.

Did you follow that?

I am only taking this from using a format that has variables, and you use it where the parameters did not exist in the associated model. In this case, the variables in the format are replaced with simple text never to read a parameter again.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Drawings that act both ways have parameters and most of the time they are filled in by family tables. Thanks for the try, but there must be something else that is causing this (logically or the lack there of).

Top Tags