cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

User Input Line Issue

gday-2
1-Newbie

User Input Line Issue

I like to use abbreviations. Usually, after entering a command, the text in the user input line goes away, but since I switched to modeling express 6.0, sometimes, it goes away, sometimes it stays in the uil. If I type a couple of abbreviations in a row, the new abbreviation text is appended to the text already in the input line. Is there some setting I can use to turn this off? Autocomplete is already turned off, so that is not the issue. Has anyone else seen this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member
(To:gday-2)

This appears to be a bug in version 19. In version 17 when you typed in an abbreviation and then hit "Enter", it would execute the command and clear the input line. In version 19, it executes the command but leaves the abbreviation in the input line. I suggest submitting this as a bug to PTC.

In the mean time, the workaround is to hit the "X" button next to the input line to clear the input line before typing another abbreviation.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Hi Gary,

see what you mean.

If I remember correctly, there was a problem in the beta version of v19.

(Full version Modeling v19 is comparable to express 6)

The abbreviations were executed directly if you have entered them, even if, for example, it was a text entry for the name of a new part.

Imagine: You create a new part, you want the name "Old_face", you type until "Old_f" at once the input line is empty and the screen shows the whole fitted model. ( f = abbreviation for fit screen )

Think that is the reason for the change in behavior between

v18, express4 <=and=> v19, Express6

Unfortunately I can not give any advice to change the behavior.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )
gday-2
1-Newbie

Thanks for the input. I think you are referring to keyboard shortcuts instead of abbreviations. Abbreviations require that you hit the enter key before the command begins. I'll have to play around with shortcuts and see if I can get them to provide the same functionality I am looking for.

FriedhelmK
17-Peridot

Abbreviations require that you hit the enter key before the command begins.

Just that was the problem. You typed the f and the command was executed directly.

Now, this error is corrected but the behavior is different than in the v17

It is my opinion better to use the shortcuts instead of abbreviations.

Shortcuts are clear and safe.

(Please write info in your Signature) Sysinfo: I use Creo Elements Direct /Drafting, /Modeling and /Modeling Express 8.0 ( formerly CoCreate- SolidDesigner and Drafting or ME10 )

I actually do not have any shortcuts set up. I type my abbreviation and hit the enter key, then the command executes. This still occurs in the new version, but the abbreviation text remains in the user input line after hitting enter. In the previous version, the text would clear, so I could enter a series of commands without having to delete the text.

PeterKehoe
5-Regular Member

This appears to be a bug in version 19. In version 17 when you typed in an abbreviation and then hit "Enter", it would execute the command and clear the input line. In version 19, it executes the command but leaves the abbreviation in the input line. I suggest submitting this as a bug to PTC.

In the mean time, the workaround is to hit the "X" button next to the input line to clear the input line before typing another abbreviation.

Top Tags