cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

VSS With Trajpar

dgschaefer
21-Topaz II

VSS With Trajpar

Creo 2, M120

I have a VSS where I need the value of one radius to vary along the sweep from a large vaue (X) at the start to a much smaller one (Y) at half way back to (X) at the end.  Can I do this with a relation and trajpar?  If needed, I could split it into 2 sweeps where one went from X to Y and the next from Y to X.

Thanks,

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn
5 REPLIES 5

You can do this evalgraph(c,n) as well... more intuitive.

A sine or cosine function will do this. Cosine starts at "1" sweeps to -1 and back to 1. Of course, a wave form.

To use a cosine, you need a location from 0-(multiples) of 360 degrees. In other words, at 0 degrees, the value is 1; at 90 degrees, the value is 0; at 180 degrees, the value is -1; and at 360 degrees, it is again 1.

The full length of the trajectory in this case is "360" rather "1".

What is confusing in your statement is that the R is different in X and Y. This sounds more like an ellipse

Some interesting reading...

Tutorial: Wave Washers w/ Radial Pattern

Cosine Calculator

Dynamic Sketches - VSS Discussion

The X and Y are the large & small values of the radius, not coordinates. 😄

--
LinkedIn

Aha, in mathcad terms that wouold be A and B (lower case of course)

Did the references help or do you still need some guidance?

A quick napkin sketch would help.

I'm not sure.  I got through my emergency without having to try it out.  I'm on to other panics, I'll have to come back to that in a few days.

--
LinkedIn

Anytime

Top Tags