cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Variable Section Sweep help

kevinb60041
8-Gravel

Variable Section Sweep help

Hello all,

I remember using VSS (Variable Section Sweep) in Wildfire 4 with two trajectories and one section. As long as the section was tied to the trajectories, the section would vary based on the differences in the trajectories.

I am using Creo Parametric 2.0 M120.

I am attempting to create blades to be used in a Conical Inducer. I have the top and bottom of the OD of where the blades needs to be at. I also have the ID (a conical shape that will be assembled on the shaft) The blades will need to be normal to the OD of the conical core. Since the thickness varies as it sweeps around the conical core, that is why I would like the program to control the thickness.

I have attached a JPG file and a .prt of the model.

I am not able to get it to work in Creo Parametric, I was wondering if someone could help me with the missing variables that I seem to not be selecting correctly.

Thanks in advance for all your help.

Kevin Brandt

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I am getting a slight offset between the cone/plane intersect and the ends of the helix.

I have assigned the ssection plane control to Normal to Projection and selected a curve along the cone at the intersect between the cone and plane. This should manage perpendicularity between the cone and the vain.

You my need better control of the ends of the helixes to that the section and the ends are all planar depending on how accurate you need this.

helix_control.PNG

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

I am getting a slight offset between the cone/plane intersect and the ends of the helix.

I have assigned the ssection plane control to Normal to Projection and selected a curve along the cone at the intersect between the cone and plane. This should manage perpendicularity between the cone and the vain.

You my need better control of the ends of the helixes to that the section and the ends are all planar depending on how accurate you need this.

helix_control.PNG

When I did this from the lower end, it was planar and made the process simpler. Creo 2.0 attached.

See if this was your intent.

Top Tags