Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variable Thread form... Helix

Hi All....

I need to createcustomthread form..I was trying to use theHelix command.I need to vary the angle of thread form on one side approximately 2 degrees per revolution. (see attachment)I thought it could be done using Sketcher relations or a Datum Graph feature, But haven't come up with a solution or formula yet...anyone have any Ideas orsuggestions? Any help is appreciated... Thanks

Ken

1 REPLY 1

On 04/04/13 13:27, ken griffith wrote:
>
> Hi All....
>
> I need to create custom thread form.. I was trying to use the Helix command. I need to vary the angle of thread form on one side approximately 2 degrees per revolution. (see attachment) I thought it could be done using Sketcher relations or a Datum Graph feature, But haven't come up with a
> solution or formula yet...anyone have any Ideas or suggestions?
>

I would do the following:

1. create a datum curve, by equation, using cylindrical coordinates, that represents the inner profile of the thread
2. create a variable section sweep (to cut the thread profile) using the datum curve as the trajectory
      * may have to create a straight curve down the center for a reference curve
      * define the variable section sweep section using the trajpar parameter to control the angle. Search ptc knowledge base for trajpar and you will get several "how to's"

> Any help is appreciated...  Thanks
>
> Ken
>
>
> ----------

--
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Randy Jones
Systems Administrator
Great Plains Mfg., Inc.
1525 E North St