cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Variable pattern in ProE

irfanullah
1-Newbie

Variable pattern in ProE

Hi dearz

i am a new and motivated user of proE.i am using proE and learning from different tutorials.can any one help me how to creat a variable pattern.

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ok, so once you have the plate and extruded one hole with selecting this last feature (the extrude of the hole), clic on pattern tool/select axis type/select a axis of the center plate/expand dimension tab/

variable_pattern.jpg

/look that, i select direction 2 and the dimension of the diameter(in red)/enter the value of increment (0.5).

variable_pattern2.jpg

This is the result

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Irfan

We need a little more detail about what you are trying to do. In ProE a Variable Pattern has a specific technical definition relative to Identical and General Patterns. This may not be what you mean.

David

yes sir i want to mention here what i want to make.

let i have a plate of dia 20 in and thicness 1 in.i want holes of dia 0.5 in in the first circular pattern and the second patttern shold have dia of 1in and similary the third having dia of 1.5in and similary upto 5 instances it increases by 0.5 each.

Ok, so once you have the plate and extruded one hole with selecting this last feature (the extrude of the hole), clic on pattern tool/select axis type/select a axis of the center plate/expand dimension tab/

variable_pattern.jpg

/look that, i select direction 2 and the dimension of the diameter(in red)/enter the value of increment (0.5).

variable_pattern2.jpg

This is the result

Yes sir i tried it and it worked succesfully.it helped me lot thanks

Yes, David is right, for many applications we normally have used a pattern dimension type, Irfan if you want for example a pattern of holes with variable diameter you specify the "dimension" which has the value of the diameter for increase or decrease.

I hope it is useful.

that is fine.it woks.there are other methods also for patterning

Top Tags