cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

View missing a part

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

View missing a part

I have a drawing that was created by a predecessor. It is a general view (from the top of the part) and from the best that I can tell, it is not an instance, nor a rep., nor a section view. The view is missing a top plate so that parts beneath it can bee seen. I am not sure how this was accomplished. Any suggestions?

missing_plate.jpg

Typically you would see the plate and the four screws.

Thanks, Dale

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Did he/she blank the component?

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13

Did he/she blank the component?

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:TomD.inPDX)

Forgive my ingnorance, but what is blanking a component and how would I check / do/ undo this to verify?

I think you are stil on WF4-5...ish, right?

Somewhere in the menu you have a component display button: component_display.PNG

And when you select it, you get a menu manager menu: component_display2.PNG

Select the "unblank" and any blanked components will highlight in red for selection.

...keep an eye on the prompts. It may want you to select a view regardless of the lower options.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

I was able to go in a replicate it by unblanking it. Closed without saving and it came back in blanked.

I needed to replicate this on a similar part and wasn't finding out how it had been done.

Thanks, Dale

Always fun to learn something new

Have a great day, Dale.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

At least I only lost 1/2 hour before I decided to post a question.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III

Antonius,

Is there something like this for the model?

Thanks, Dale

Not exactly but close: Combined Views - a quick overview

I thought we had some level of control over wireframe line styles as well.

This should also work with combined views if true.

Here's hoping that Creo 3.0 closes the loop between model display and drawing display capabilities.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:Dale_Rosema)

Why when you type "Blank" in the Creo 4.0 search tool bar, does is not come up with Component Display - Blank.

Or if you do not have a drawing loaded, typing in "Component" doesn't come up with the command either. (It does if you have a drawing loaded.)

@Dale_Rosema wrote:

Why when you type "Blank" in the Creo 4.0 search tool bar, does is not come up with Component Display - Blank.

Because search tools checks for the command name only, and there is no "Component Display – Blank" command in the ribbon, there is only "Component Display". Blank is one of the options inside the Component Display.

Or if you do not have a drawing loaded, typing in "Component" doesn't come up with the command either. (It does if you have a drawing loaded.)

The search tools is only looking through the ribbon for the current mode, not all possible modes. It's the same if you'd try to look for Assemble command while in Part mode, there will be no result.

Dale_Rosema
23-Emerald III
(To:LukaszMazur)

i.e. it is a very limited search tool.

In other words, you need to know the command in order to search for the command.

Yeah, you do.

I always treated it like the Menu Mapper equivalent from Pro/E Wildfire, so users going to Creo from Pro/E and not familiar with ribbon could quickly find necessary tools without combing through all the tabs.
You can also configure this search tool to look also in tooltips, so you can extend search scope a bit.
Top Tags