cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

WF4 ordinate dimensioning

DeanLong
10-Marble

WF4 ordinate dimensioning

This is somewhat of a rantwith hope that someone has some magic they will share...

I have a nine page drawing of an overmolded componentwith about 500 ordinate dimensions.We are moving the originfrom a verticle tube to a horizontal hole due to, e'hem...past failures and lackof GD&T knowledge. The dims are shown, but for numerous reasons (multiple PG's, ECG's across skel's and master models) I can'tmerely move my 0,0,0 to my new datum location.

Does anyone know a way to trick Mr. Pro/Detail to temporarily forget the old baseline, allow me to set a new baseline and all the dims magically revise? Hmmmm...say it's possible! I do not look forward to re-dimensioning the whole drawing.

thanks....

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 REPLY 1
mjenkins
5-Regular Member
(To:DeanLong)

Found this paragraph in the help:

http://www.ptc.com/WCMS/files/35975/en/35975en_file1.pdf

If an existing ordinate dimension is no longer valid in a modified drawing,

you can edit its attachment instead of re-creating it. Ordinate dimension groups can also be

deleted by selecting only the baseline and deleting it.

In Reply to Dean Long:

This is somewhat of a rantwith hope that someone has some magic they will share...

I have a nine page drawing of an overmolded componentwith about 500 ordinate dimensions.We are moving the originfrom a verticle tube to a horizontal hole due to, e'hem...past failures and lackof GD&T knowledge. The dims are shown, but for numerous reasons (multiple PG's, ECG's across skel's and master models) I can'tmerely move my 0,0,0 to my new datum location.

Does anyone know a way to trick Mr. Pro/Detail to temporarily forget the old baseline, allow me to set a new baseline and all the dims magically revise? Hmmmm...say it's possible! I do not look forward to re-dimensioning the whole drawing.

thanks....

Top Tags