cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

WF5 Drawing Tabs

PhilJarvis
1-Newbie

WF5 Drawing Tabs

Following the upgrade to WF5 (from WF4 and previous), I notice in the drawing environment that you can only edit view attributes in the GUI when working under the 'layout' tab, annotations under the 'annotations' tab, tables etc. and so on.

This is quite irritating as the older releases let you edit all entities regardless!

Is there anyway to overwrite this feature and make the environment behave as it did?

Thanks

Phil

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Yes using the alt allows you to select several things and you can move those selected items around on the screen as a group but you still have to go to each individual tab to modify any of it.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I can't remember it exactly, but i think if you hold down Alt you can select "anything" regardless of Tab.

Yes using the alt allows you to select several things and you can move those selected items around on the screen as a group but you still have to go to each individual tab to modify any of it.

With the Alt key held down select the object and RMB > Porperties is there.

Anything else - Yes, go to the appropriate tab.

dhermosillo
14-Alexandrite
(To:PhilJarvis)

Preben and Gary have it right.

If you want more informzation on the ribbon and how PTC plans to use it in the future, as well as a place to vent, go to my group WF5 Ribbon Angst: http://communities.ptc.com/groups/wf5-ribbon-angst

-Domingo

Thanks, everyone.

Top Tags