cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Weight Calculation in Parameters to Drawings

RussellLudwick
1-Newbie

Weight Calculation in Parameters to Drawings

I am trying to set it up so that it automatically calculates the weight as a parameter once you set the material. Then when you make a drawing, it is automatically linked to the parameter weight. If you make any changes I want the weight to automatically update in the model and drawing.

The pro_mp_mass only seems to work if you generate a report. I believe this is intentional for ram reasons, but functionally doesn't work.

I am trying to get around this by making a relation, along the lines of

Weight(parameter) = volume(from mass properties) * density(from material properties)

Then I link to the drawing table using &weight

Can anyone help me out with this?

This thread is inactive and closed by the PTC Community Management Team. If you would like to provide a reply and re-open this thread, please notify the moderator and reference the thread. You may also use "Start a topic" button to ask a new question. Please be sure to include what version of the PTC product you are using so another community member knowledgeable about your version may be able to assist.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Before trying to create a relation try setting the config.pro option mass_property_calculate. When you regenerate the model the PRO_MP_MASS parameter is updated.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Before trying to create a relation try setting the config.pro option mass_property_calculate. When you regenerate the model the PRO_MP_MASS parameter is updated.

Thanks Kevin

That config change was all I needed. Mucho Gracias

Top Tags