cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Welding symbols in drawing

erutherford
1-Newbie

Welding symbols in drawing

Is there a way to put welding symbols in an engineering drawing in Creo 3.0? Specifically, I just want to define a groove weld on a pipe all the way around.

6 REPLIES 6

Actually, I just figured it out. In the 'Annotate' tab I selected 'Symbol' -> Custom Symbol -> Browse -> Program Files -> PTC -> Creo 3.0 -> M110 -> Common Files -> Symbols -> library_syms -> weldsymlib

BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:erutherford)

In an assembly file, Application - Weld.

Under Annotate Tab select symbol > system syms > weldsymlib > ansi_weld > simple then select "v_groove.sym" file.  Prior to placing the symbol go to "Grouping" tab and drill down into the option "Arrow_Side" until you see "Leader _Orient"  Depending on what symbol direction you placed, Left/Right, select "ALL_AROUND"

Capture.JPG

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:messex)

Many of the early adopter companies *Pre 1992 tend to use symbols to dictate the weld symbols.   Now that there is a lagidement weld application designers will opt for these tools instead.    The weld function can utilize a weld prep function that pushes the weld prep to the part depending upon which edge prep you choose.  

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

StephenW
23-Emerald II
(To:bbrejcha)

I haven't used weld mode in a long while. Previously it would only handle the simplest of welds. Anything that had the list bit of complication was mostly impossible to get documented using Pro/weld. Then, once you got the welding done on the assembly, the weld symbols that transfered to the drawing were so mis-sized, you would end up having to use the manual symbols anyway.

I might be game for reviewing the welding app again, assuming it has really been improved.

bbrejcha
12-Amethyst
(To:StephenW)

Its been improved.  

I tried to have a conversation with the Product Line manager for the tool however have been unsuccessfull in guessing his email address from his name nor have I got him on the phone.  I will make time for technical comittiee action this year. 

I had a couple questions like where is the weld prep intended to exist?  In the part or as an assembly feature.    If it is to exist in the part then applied at the assemnly level like it seams the intention currently then I need to have organized cut lenghts of  raw material.  Not reference specific part number  because that specific part number I may not own and with this workflow it will need to be modified. 

Make America Great again w/ more robotic welders LOL   

Bart Brejcha

Design-engine.com

Top Tags