cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

When a feature crashes

Anonymous
Not applicable

When a feature crashes

When a feature crashes, but all the addresses remain in the model, why does Creo retain the information, untill you edit it, the thing goes very wrong and deletes the previous settings, watch the video and can anyone shead any light on this unhelpful behaviour?

On the left is pre-crash, on the right is the unhelpful behaviour.

Has anyone got a fix for this?

9 REPLIES 9

I am not sure I completely understand your question. By "addresses", do you mean "references" for the feature? If that is what you mean, then I believe Creo is behaving exactly as intended from what I can see in the short video.

When a feature "fails" it becomes red in the model tree to signify it has lost some reference and needs attention.

Apologies if I have missed the essence of your question.

Anonymous
Not applicable
(To:Anonymous)

Hi Dean what I find unbelievable is that the distance detail is retained, then when you come to edit it, the detail is lost and 155 becomes 153 and for good measure it lobs the detail off the model, if left there it will crash again to red. WF5 used to retain the 155 and the original hole position, and keep it on the model, why the change to this strange behaviour that actually induces mistakes in a pressured environment. Yes I meant references.

Francis,

If my memory serves me well, I seem to remember an obscure exchange on the Exploder many years ago regarding the question: "is it better to have to deal specifically with all the references within a failed feature to ensure nothing is assumed incorrectly by the software OR is it better to have the system retain some of the feature's info and assume it was done correctly". I cannot say it was to an actual point of software development and/or "enhancement". I know this does not quell the frustration you have. Also, I think if the lost model dims were shown on the drawing they go away too. ;o(

Francis,

I just thought of something that might help. When you are redefining the failed reference, are you using the RMB and "removing" it? Also, and this might be the gold....hold down the CNTL key while you specify the new ref. I think it is resetting the whole reference box because the CNTL key is not "collecting" the ref already specified. I am not sure on the Hole Tool but this functions in other situations.

Give it a go.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

What happened to cause the references to be lost?  The changes made to create the failure can affect how CREO acts when making the fix.  Also, being attentive to how features are modified can help in making corrections or even prevent the failure in the first place.

There is always more to learn in Creo.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kevin. I am unsure what happened as I re-associated the link to the same reference points as it was before. I was doing a resize of an instant within a family table. I have found that with FT holes are very unstable and so are pattern tools, so as a rule I no longer use them. I favour sketch driven extrude commands, this was an old model that I have not converted yet.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

It appears you are reselecting the references, which seams to be the only option available when fixing offset references.  CREO remembers the original global position of the feature.  When you reselect the feature references, CREO will keep it in the same position and create a new dimension.  When only one reference is missing try editing the references instead of redefining the feature.

Would be nice if there was a way to replace the missing reference in the placement tab.  The only option is to remove the reference.

kdirth
20-Turquoise

Replace Reference Option - Failed Feature

I think this Idea addresses the main issue in this problem.  Take a look and vote for it if you agree.

Creo captures all information in trail file until session is closed.

Top Tags