cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Why can't I select a sketch in revolve?

vu18292
6-Contributor

Why can't I select a sketch in revolve?

Why can't I select a sketch in revolve? In the "placement" tab of the revolve definition Creo won't let me select a predefined sketch. I always have to opt for defining a brand new one built in to the revolve feature. Is there something I'm not understanding?

7 REPLIES 7
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:vu18292)

Creo Parametric Help Center To_Retrieve_an_Existing_Section_or_Drawing

in modelling bottle i am not able to sketch and revolve features 

You need to select the sketch before you click on the Revolve command. it works.

psobejko
12-Amethyst
(To:vu18292)

From the description of the problem in o.p., I don't have enough to go on; so I will make a guess.  It would help if you included screenshots / files.

Anyway, does this problem also occur if you try to revolve a simple sketch that contains just 3 lines that form a triangle?

Specifically, while using the revolve tool, can you "select" such a sketch? (you would then have to select an axis of revolution - as this sketch does not have an internal CL).

If that works, then I believe the sketch that is causing your problems isn't of the "proper" form.

In that case, study the help files on using the revolve feature in Creo Parametric.

This can be accessed on-line:

http://help.ptc.com/creo_hc/creo30_pma_hc/usascii/?_ga=1.3125816.983400925.1463458996#page/part_modeling%2Fpart_modeling%2Fpart_three_sub%2FAbout_Sections_Used_for_Revolved_Features.html%23wwconnect_header

Hi,

please specify what is your predefined sketch. Attach a picture, too.

MH

Martin Hanák

Hi...

Maybe, You have some centerlines in your sketch, at inappropriate position.

Delete the centerline which was used symmetic copy or constraints.

The first centerline is the axis of the revolve.

This solve my problem

Top Tags