cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why in creo sketch there are no linear and circular pattern options?

Re: Why in creo sketch there are no linear and circular pattern options?

So, even something simple like trying to create points for an 8-hole pattern like this is "simple" but takes a lot of effort in Creo. Making reference lines equal, placing points individually, adding extra reference points to make the pattern centered on the plate...

In SW, I'd draw one point and pattern the sketch. Then draw a construction line from the first point to the opposite corner and make it midpoint with the origin in the center. In SW, it's simple to add extra points in the pattern without adding any extra constraints, compared to the many of extra constraints and geometry like Creo. 

Below is the best I can come up with to making a hole pattern centered. Sure, I can create one hole in the corner and feature pattern it, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to keep my design intent there and keep it centered.

@dreadful wrote:

Sure, I can create one hole in the corner and feature pattern it, but as far as I can tell, there's no way to keep my design intent there and keep it centered.

Even for two holes I will create a feature pattern...

You use Relations to keep a design intent (for example, centered). A few formulas will keep your pattern nice and tidy, even after a change in the number of holes.

Trying to use Creo as if it was solidworks is a recipe for never ending pain and anguish. 

Steve Williams
Pro/E Version 15/16 (Circa 1995/1996)

I had typed a reply yesterday and then my browser or the website or my internet connection crashed and I lost it.  But, I did create this part with a feature pattern and relations to keep the pattern symmetric regardless of the initial feature's dimensions or the number of instances.  @dreadful, have a look.

--
Doug Schaefer | Experienced Mechanical Design Engineer
LinkedIn

What if you just want to draw a daisy?

Having transitioned after over 10 years from AutoCAD to Pro/E in '96, I wish the sketcher was better and did have patterns available in sketcher, but, though it's more tedious, you can manually create whatever pattern you need.  It's not a huge deal unless you make it one.  😉

Announcements
LiveWorx Call For Papers Happening Now!